Attention 6th graders through 11th graders:
The end of the school year is fast approaching, and there are a few things that I want to make sure you are aware of.
1. This Friday, May 15 is another round of homework pick-up and assignment drop-off. It is very important that for those of you who haven't regularly turned in assignments, TO DO SO THIS FRIDAY. Your teachers need evidence of where your understanding of learning targets is.
2. Friday, May 15 will be the last round of homework assignments. This round of homework will be the final assignments that you need to complete for your classes. We will have a final homework pick-up and materials pick-up on Friday, May 29.
3. Teachers will finalize your marks for classes by Wed., June 5, and report cards will be sent out on Tuesday, June 9th.
4. 6th / 7th grade students will receive either a "Pass" grade or an "Insufficient Evidence" grade for your class marks.
5. 8th grade students will receive either a "Pass" or "Insufficient Evidence". It is possible to receive an "Incomplete" in the classes of math, reading, and/or English Language Arts. For 8th graders who received "insufficient evidence" in the classes of math, reading, or English Language Arts at the end of the school year; they may be expected to take summer school classes in August in order to be promoted to high school classes in that subject area.
6. In other words, middle school students, do your homework and turn it in by May 29.
7. High school students will receive their last round of homework on May 15 as well. All homework assignments that have been assigned during the Covid-19 closure of school, are due on May 29.
8. High school students will be given a "Pass", or "Incomplete", or possibly an "No Credit" grade mark for each class. "No Credit" means that you were failing before the closure, and you have not done anything to provide evidence to the teacher that you have participated or provided effort to accomplish the learning tasks. You did not obtain credit for that class, and would have to repeat the semester for that class. If given an "Incomplete", the teacher is granting you until June 26 to provide enough evidence of learning to give the teacher the ability to assign a "Pass" or "No Credit" designation for that class. Obviously, a "Pass" designation means that you received course credit towards your graduation requirements.
9. High school students who received "No Credit", may have summer school options to recover a semester credit for that class in August.
10. In other words, high school students, do your homework and turn it in by May 29.
11. We are not going to be able to hold high school or middle school academic awards for this school year.
12. We will not be able to hold 8th grade Promotion in June. We will look to possibly reschedule in August.
13. High school graduation is set for July 24 @ 7 p.m. It is possible that some other activity replaces the traditional graduation ceremony at the end of May, and July 24 is cancelled..
14. 8th grade field trip to Great America will be rescheduled when we have more information.
15. If students will not be needing their Chromebooks borrowed for summer school, we will be having drop-off days scheduled for June 4th and June 5th.
16. 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grade students all received instructions on how to register for next year's high school classes.
17. 5th, 6th, 7th grade students will schedule classes in August.
18. Summer school is postponed until August.
I know this is a lot of information to process, but I hope it clears up some of the questions that you might have.
Feel free to contact me with any specific questions that you might have at email@example.com.
- Principal Milz.